I’ve enjoyed the first couple months with Xbox One. Microsoft says dashboard updates and fixes are on the way, but they haven’t been too specific. Here’s a list of items that I’d like to see fixed or added to current functionality.
- Let me tag people
- Let me share videos only with a select few people on my friends list. Since the videos will be more private, they can have more freedom in their content/voice over
- Record from Kinect’s microphone while it is recording gameplay. So when something crazy happens and I yell, cry, or my voice cracks, that genuine moment is in the recorded game clip
Dashboard / Apps
- Allow an app to be completely removed from run queue. I don’t care if I have a blank spot
- Let me completely close an app. Quitting the app is not enough, I want it to completely go away and for it to lose its state, so when I open it, it is just on the ‘home screen’
If I open Game DVR by loading a clip, every time I open Game DVR thereafter (until it gets kicked out of the run queue), will open with that clip. Sometimes a clip might be problematic, for instance, the one I was trying to access is no longer available, which will set you off into an infinite, “This clip is not available” loop.
Achievements / Challenges
- Seeing what achievement you just unlocked is a huge chore. I like the fancy pictures and everything, but it just takes too long
- I like the challenges but they expire too quick
- I wish I knew what it is always downloading. After I turn off my console, it’ll stay in low power mode just downloading (or uploading) away. I remember it said that there’s a 6.6 GB patch for Forza, maybe it only downloads a little bit at a time?
- If I say, “Xbox Go Home”, X1 will go home and continue listening for another command. At this point, I should be able to say, “Go to Settings”, and it should go to settings. However, it doesn’t go to settings, because I have to say “Xbox Go to Settings”. Why? After the initial ‘Xbox’, I should be able to spit out short commands as long as it is listening.
In addition to everything Jack has pointed out, here are some of my requests.
- A form of battery indicator for those w/ the Play and Charge kit.
- For my controller not to ‘Restart’ when I unplug the Play and Charge wire.
- When I join a party, automatically ‘Turn on Party Chat’, I mean…that’s why I joined…
- Have ‘Favorite’ Friends pop as a Notification when they sign on.
- Show me via WEB or APP what my friends are playing, instead of displaying: “Playing Xbox One”.